2.06.2013

Some cool stuff. Good reads.

This blog is no longer active, but it still has lots of great posts. A post on androgyny and Judaic text. An LGBTQ-inclusive Siddur (prayerbook). This is, coincidentally (wink-wink-hint), what I want as either my next great treat to myself or as a gift for my birthday. A bit pricy but I think just seeing what it says would be worth it. One of the leaders of my Queer Spirituality group has one and loves it. An awesome article on The Feminist Wire about Able Normative Supremacy. A conference this summer I want to attend, and I want to encourage you all to consider it as well. I know it's a bit impractical and exclusive (being in Canada and only lasting two days, and emphasizing queer Jews), but I think it'll be really great. Hyun Kyung Chung's TEDtalk, and a simple meditation at the beginning. A list of books I am currently reading in preparation for research on how those with non-conforming/non-binary gender identities relate to and are affected by traditional Jewish gender roles: Queer Jews edited by David Shneer and Caryn Aviv. Androgynous Judaism by Jacob Neusner. On Being a Jewish Feminist edited by Susannah Heschel. Eve and Adam edited by Kristen Kvam, Linda Schearing, and Valarie Ziegler.

No comments:

Post a Comment