2.16.2013

Shabbat Shalom

I'll do a lengthier post later, once I have a topic solidified in my mind.

Just a quick briefing though. I am about to go to a synagogue for an actual service, for the first time in what must be about six years. This will be the first time I've interacted with these people for more than ten minutes in that long. The last time most of them will remember seeing me is my bat mitzvah.

This renewed interest in tradition and participation in the community is influenced by a lot of things. I want to lay a good groundwork so that I'm able to approach these people when I need their opinions in my research project, if I get the grant. All of this engaging in other communities is making me miss my original one. Sometimes we just need a little tradition in our lives. I'm interested to hear what they have to say in regards to the position of women, now that I'll actually be listening.

While I am excited, I do wish that my first time back was at another one, not a Messianic synagogue. But the beginning is usually a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment